Our Two-Day Introduction to Machine Knitting course is for anyone who would like to get to grips with a domestic knitting machine. Both of our tutors teach at university level and are freelance designers in their own right. In two days you can expect to learn the following techniques (see below) and leave with a broad understanding of what you can achieve with a knitting machine, a range of swatches and the confidence to continue to knit on your own.
- machine basics including yarn tension
- several techniques for casting on and off
- colour changing (stripes)
- lace holes and ladders
- tuck, hold and weave for texture
- increasing and decreasing for shaping