Our Two-Day Introduction to Machine Knitting course is for anyone who would like to get to grips with a domestic knitting machine. The workshop is taught by accomplished freelance knitwear designer Amber Hards who will walk you through a range of key techniques as well as basic knitting machine “driving” skills. By the end of two days you will leave with a broad understanding of what you can achieve with a knitting machine, a range of swatches and the confidence to continue to knit on your own.
- machine basics including yarn tension
- several techniques for casting on and off
- colour changing (stripes)
- lace holes and ladders
- tuck, hold and weave for texture
- increasing and decreasing for shaping