This two-day workshop provides a fantastic introduction to pattern cutting by showing you how to copy an existing favourite garment (without taking it apart!)
In two days you can expect to cover the following (see below) and have an accurate pattern of your garment and toile to take away.
- understanding the tools required
- tracing your garment on to paper
- modifications for seam allowances, trims and finishing
- fabric grain and minimising waste
- cutting your toile
- sewing your toile, including trims and fastenings
- fitting your toile, and advice on modifications and tweaks
Location: Bristol Textiles Quarter, 1A Barton Rd, Bristol BS2 0LF
Tutor: Nina Redman
Date: 27th and 28th of November 2021
Times: 10am – 4.30pm (1hr lunch break)
Email Nina Redman for availability.